Sometimes, we want a fresh look for our space but we don’t have the budget to do so. So, how do we keep our tired room from looking played out? Here’s a few, FREE, suggestions:
- De-clutter. Get rid of everything you don’t use on a regular basis – put it on FreeCycle, eBay, or Craigslist, give it to a family member or friend, or throw it out if it’s doing nothing but collecting dust. (The bonus of putting something on eBay or Craigslist: you’ll actually make some money in the process!)
- Move some things. Got a piece of artwork that you could never part with? Consider moving it to a different room to bring a different feel to the place. How about a piece of furniture that would be better off in another room? Move it there! You’d be amazed how much better a space looks when you move a bulky piece of furniture from one place to another.
- Deep clean your space. This is definitely going to take a while – you’d be amazed where dust can collect and settle, especially in places you don’t clean every day. Open a few windows, put on some music, and get to work.
- Consider changing your perspective. If there’s one room more than others that you find yourself in…move! Sometimes, your perspective changes with just a room change.
- Finish up some old projects. Have you started something and haven’t gotten around to finishing it? Now is as good a time as any to finish them up…if only to freshen up your space and make it better than it was before.