The Napa Valley has some of the most gorgeous real estate – and some of the most gorgeous design trends – in the entire country. Here, then, is our list of the top Napa Valley home improvement trends to look out for in the coming year.
- Modern décor: in the Napa Valley, modern doesn’t mean overly sterile or technical. Usually, homeowners will take existing traditional homes – such as a traditional Victorian home – and add updated touches to it (such as an open floor concept kitchen).
- Quartz countertops: as in many other parts of the country, marble and granite in the Napa Valley are becoming scarcely used in homes anymore. The material of choice is now quartz, due to its durability and sustainability.
- Stainless steel appliances: this isn’t just a Napa Valley trend, but a nationwide trend. Gone are the days when the appliances were black, white, or – worst of all – covered in wallpaper that matched the walls (a popular thing in the 1950’s – don’t ask, it was a different time!). Stainless steel, on the other hand, gives the kitchen a much sturdier look.
- Simple cabinetry: beveling, engraving, and other embellishments on cabinetry are kept to a minimum in the Napa Valley – if it’s on there at all. Flat fronts without any sort of recessed paneling is the preferred look to keep with that sleek, simple style that is best known in the Napa Valley.
- Simple backsplashes: crazy colors and large mosaics are out. Simple glass tiles in all one color, or “subway style” tiles, are in. To keep with the modern style, these tiles are normally installed vertically or diagonally (with the latter giving the room a much larger feel).
Do you have a home in the Napa Valley? Would you like us to bring it up to date? CONTACT US today for a free, no obligation consultation!